Time For a New Year

(source)

This might be two weeks late, still...
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I hope each one of you had a great holiday season, an amazing New Year welcoming, and are on some sort of right foot as 2014 begins.  I have been working hard on getting everything in my life back in order.  (It is amazing how much a move can throw everything into the blender and spit it out.)  I am finally feeling like I have my feet on the ground, and I have decided it is about time to come back.

So here I am!
*cheers for self*

To start off my new blogging year, I thought it would be nice to share some of my 2014 goals with everyone.  Note: I am not calling these resolutions.  Why?  Because resolutions never happen.  You set them...then wander away.  These are goals.  Meaning I am aiming to accomplish these.  Some I might not.  Some might change as the year changes.  But I need focus in my life, so these goals have been made.  Ready?


  • Blog again!  Boy, have I missed this blog.  Over the last year or so, I have fallen away from it and that is just not okay.  So I have set the goal to blog again.  I am still trying to figure out the best schedule to try and stick to.  I used to have a three day schedule (Mondays were random posting days, Wednesdays were WIP update days, Fridays were review days.)  While I loved that schedule, I feel like it needs to be tweaked a bit.  If any of you have any ideas or suggestions, please do email/comment/tweet them my way!
  • FINISH LJ.  I know, I know.  I have said this many many many many times.  But I mean it this time around.  I have been dragging my feet on it, for various reasons.  It has finally come down to the point that I need to either A) Finish it or B) Put it away and move onto one of my other WIPs.  I have been trying to decide if I should share my hesitations about LJ or keep them nicely to myself and just keep chugging along.  Either way, you will be hearing more about it very very soon.  (Thank you to everyone who keeps cheering me on with this!  Your rooting gives me hope!)
  • Bedtime.  I am notorious for staying up well past midnight, every night.  And boy am I paying for it!  The zombie that is Jenni nearly every day is a sore reminder that I am indeed closer to 30 than 20 and I need to change some habits.  So from now on, on weeknights, my hubby and I have set a personal bedtime of 10 pm.  Wish us luck.
  • Move it.  As in: Exercise.  Again, not a resolution, so there is a chance this will happen.  Enough said.
  • And last but never least: Read.  I read a dismal amount of books in 2013.  It was truly quite sad.  This year, I need to read.  I am on my third book of the year, and amidst all the other goals above, I will be reading away.  Got any good recommends?  Share them!


There are more goals, but those are the top five.  My life has been lacking balance and focus lately.  I am honestly hoping this will get me back on track.  I miss blogging.  I miss reading and writing and yes, even editing.  So here we go.  Bring it on, 2014!

Do you have any personal goals for the New Year?  Any suggestions for any of mine?  Do share!






Comments

Popular Posts