My NaNovel Project

Here is the brief summary for what my project will be this year for NaNoWriMo.  I will most likely be changing it as I go...but I needed something, so here you go!

Prison Nation

"Millie 942B has spent her entire life behind bars. In fact, over 80 percent of what was once America is now kept incarcerated, the reformed government (now simply called the Nation) having found that the easiest way to control its citizens is to take away their very freedom. 

But at the age of eighteen, Millie is set free. Forced to leave behind prison, the only home she ever knew, she is thrown out into the world and left with one command: "Follow the law, or come back."

With almost every step tainted with something illegal, Millie will not only find herself fighting to stay free from the Nation's prisons, but will also find that she had been pulled into a fight much larger than herself."

I have some cool ideas for this book.  For one...I will be trying to write it in 1st person.  Yup!  I always write in 3rd, so I decided to try something new.  We will see how it works out.  It is, obviously, a dystopian.  I had to select a genre for it on the site, so chose "mainstream fiction" being as I wasn't too sure what else it would be...I will probably be changing that too.  So, how does the synopsis sound to you, my awesome reader?  Want to know more? 

Comments

BriarPho said…
That sounds amazing! Mine are not nearly as good as that. >.<"
Keary Taylor said…
Ooo that sounds cool! I'm really starting to love dystopian's more and more! And I'm now toying with the idea of giving NaNoWrMo a try... *gulp*
Jenni Merritt said…
Dystopians are my FAVORITE.
I just hope this turns out good. I have a slight idea of what I want, but really should do some more outlining before November 1st hits.

And you should TOTALLY give it a shot...like I have already rambled to you. You never know...something amazing just may come of it!

Popular Posts