Agent Pitch Contest

This is off-schedule, but I just had to post it today! 

A blog I follow, YAtopia, is holding an awesome contest!  Post a two sentence pitch, and an agent will read them all, with prizes announced March 31st.  Very awesome! 

I am still in the editing phase of PN, but I just had to enter this contest.  It is just too tempting and I think others should hold contests like this more often.  Hint hint.  If you out there also have a YA or children's book and want to enter, go do it!  The contest will close either when they hit 150 entries or March 24th, whichever hits first. 

Want to know my two sentence pitch?  (Which, by the way, is HARD to do!)
Here it is:

Millie 942B believed in the Nation: in its strict laws, its harsh punishments, and its city-sized Prisons, one of which she had been born and raised inside. Now Millie has turned eighteen and has been Released, only to discover that the life and freedom she had always trusted wasn’t what she thought it would be.

Ok, maybe could have written it better... but it works!  I think there should be entire college courses dedicated to only writing two-sentence pitches.  Honestly...

Comments

Trisha said…
This is such a cool contest! I've entered mine too :)
Unknown said…
Good luck with the contest, it sounds good!
Jenni Merritt said…
Trisha - I saw yours! Awesome to see you there... GOOD LUCK! :)

Popular Posts