WIP Day - When the Muse Hits

This is going to be one of those awesomely mega-short posts.  FYI.
But that's alright, I know you have other things to be doing.  As do I.

Such as listen to my son run, literally, in a circle as he screams (happily).  For no reason.  He is just... running.  It is a loud day in this home of mine.  Really, really loud.
Yeah...

It is WIP Day. *Checks calendar*  Already?  Man... Where is time going?

Hm.

About two nights ago, I was sitting and zoning out on the computer.  You know, the usual.  I picked up the new Greek mythology book I had bought from trusty Walmart that day, and started to flip through it as my computer powered down for the night.

Then, before I knew it, I was on my netbook on the couch, typing away.  My hubby, who was chilling and watching a very strange anime, told me I was "typing like a madwoman."  Honestly.  Something I saw in that myth book sparked a thought, and in five minutes I had busted out about 4 jam-packed pages of two scenes... Very rough.  Very very rough.  But it felt so good.

I am liking this new idea.  The thing is: When will I find time to do it?

August is already dedicated to In the Blood.  NaNoWriMo already has its battle between three OTHER of my ideas.  I need more writing hours.  Seriously.  There is not enough time in the day, at all.  And it really sucks.

But hey, my awesome muse, thanks for inspiring me with yet another idea to add to my shelves.
You rock.

PN Update: Not much as changed.  I keep battling the idea in my head to self-publish.  It just won't leave, and I am wondering if that is a sign that it is what I should do with this book.  We will see.  And of course, you will be among the first to know!

How about you?  WIP-ing along?  Get any muse flashes lately?  Do share!

_____________

Don't forget to support new indie author, Kimmel Tippets, by entering my Give-Away for a SIGNED copy of her debut novel, Transformation.  DO IT!  
-> CLICK HERE  <-

Comments

Jess said…
I can relate to having too many ideas clamoring for attention. I'm trying to figure out which one to give the love to next :)
Gwen Gardner said…
I love when the muse strikes! I so wish it would happen to me more often. About self-publishing - have you read about Amanda Hocking? Her story makes me want to self-publish, too. Since you have so many ideas (Amanda is a very prolific writer, which helped her immensely) maybe that's a good idea.
Trisha said…
Yeah, I've got heaps of ideas for WRITING, and yet I'm trying to get my EDITING done. hehe. This year has been a serious one for revision. I think next year I may 'allow' myself to indulge in just writing, all year long.
CherylAnne Ham said…
Ooh, your house sounds like my house! Thankfully I have that super-power moms get. The one where you can filter out the loud. :D

Better to have lots of ideas and little time, than plenty of time and no ideas. Good luck and happy writing.
Jenni Merritt said…
Lady Gwen - I HAVE read about Amanda Hocking. If only, right?

Trisha - As important as revising is, man, it feels good to get back to writing! You should do that.

CherylAnne - Did you see that I quoted you in one of my recent posts? :)

Popular Posts