WIP Day - ...what was I saying?

It's... Wednesday.
Wait, really?
Gah.

Where has my week been going?

So last night I watched Beastly.  I have to admit: I was very very very disappointed.  I haven't read the book yet, and was hoping the movie would at least pull me towards finally making that purchase.  Instead, it chased me away.  Have any of you read it?  Is it worth a chance?  Or should I just walk away, like I did at the end of that flick?

Okay, updates:

My books are still on hold.  While I make the frenzy to catch up on my photo editing backlog, my writing has been put in stasis.  Which is good for it.  It needs to simmer.  And soak.  And my brain just needs the break.  ITB has a ton of editing ahead of it.  PN, I feel, should endure at least one last round of nitpicking as I wait (still) to hear back from the last few agents.

Not to mention I still have to plot away for my NaNovel.
This year I am writing in 3rd person.  It is actually the POV I pretty much always write in.  Last year, for NaNo, I took up a challenge and wrote PN in 1st.  And I fell in love with it.  Then I wrote ITB in 1st.  Now, for this year, I am going back to what I have always known.  Hopefully it will work out!

Curious about my NaNovel for this year?  (Yeah, me too...)  I am sure a post is coming... soon-ish.

Oh!  I got another blogging award!  I love these!  Actually, it was two.

 

The Ramblings of Amy just passed on The Versatile Blogger Award, AND The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award... to me! (Well, and 4 others. But I am included!)

Thank you Amy!!

Now, to follow the rules, I must:

1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share 7 random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award on to 5 more blogger friends.
4. Contact and congratulate the blogs you're passing the award on to.

Ready for the facts?

  • I am semi lactose intolerant.  Just enough to get sick and icky feeling, but not enough to have to push away that first bowl of ice cream.
  • I know all the words to the Llama Song.
  • I love ketchup on my mac and cheese.
  • I am scared of steep hills.
  • I grew up next to Canada, yet have never been there.  At all.
  • I can make a mean paper snowflake.
  • When I laugh really hard, I hiccup.  Loud.

Time to pass this award on!
I choose...

Trish @ Word + Stuff
Michael @ SLC Kismet
Cassandra @ CA Marshall

Enjoy the awards blogging peeps!  And make sure to pass it on!

How is your WIP day?  Anything exciting?
Happy Writing!

Comments

Trisha said…
Aww thanks Jenni :) I've won these before but will totally acknowledge this round!

I haven't read or seen Beastly so I can't comment on that. As for photo editing...um, yeah, I have a heap of that to do myself. But I really want to get through this paper edit before I do. Of course, I haven't done anything on the paper edit in quite a while. Maaaan I'm slack!
Gina Ciocca said…
I read Beastly and didn't care for it. But at least in the book, he truly is beastly -fangs, claws, hair, the whole bit. In the movie, he's still totally hot!
Valen Steel said…
Thanks ALOT for the awards, I really, really appreciate it! As for Beastly ---- the book wasn't my thing, but everyone I know who read the book and saw the film said that the book was amazing and film was trash, soooo, maybe that helps, I'm not sure. I didn't dare watch the movie, 'cus even the trailers were bad, so I spared myself the pain. And a brain break from writing is always good. :~)))

~V
Thanks so much Jenni! I know all the words to the Llama Song, and when I laugh really hard, I hiccup loudly too! Come to think, all of my hiccups are pretty loud! They hurt too! I go around, *hiccup* Ow! *hiccup* Ow!
Thank you so much for the award Jenni. I shall pass it on very soon :))
Kimmel Tippets said…
Thanks for the award Jenni! I'll pass it on as soon as I can settle on some recipients. :-)

Popular Posts