WIP Day - Backlog Get-Away

Slap my wrist.
I totally failed on my Monday post for the week.  And I don't even have a good excuse why.  I was lazy.  It was one of those days.  And... I'm sorry. *sad face*

Now, it's Wednesday.  Already?  Really?
*brain fries for a moment*
Um...

It has been a busy week for me.  I am hacking away once again on my photography backlog, hoping to get most of it out of the way before NaNoWriMo strikes.  Granted, I have much too much to do to get it done in just a week.  But it would be nice to make a huge dent.

Thank you  and  for putting aside our usual   to give me a much needed   You ladies are AWESOME!  (Yes, Twitter talk.  Sorry to those who have not fallen to the Tweeting world...)

Oh, and even though it is about my photography and not my writing... I made my SmugMug page all pretty.  It is spiffy now.  And I loves.
Say cheese!

NaNoWriMo:
AH!  It is FIVE DAYS AWAY!
Honestly?  Really?

I will be majorly pantsing it this year.  Which is fine.  I am a pro pantser.  I have my general plot.  A few characters.  Even have casted the two main characters (Want to know their names and who their celebrity look alikes are?  That will be next week!)  Other than that... I will just let this book take me where ever it  wants to go!

And... the Portland Kick-Off Party is this Saturday!  MAJOR excitement.  I love the Stumptown writers.  We are awesome.  This Saturday should be lots of geeky, nerdy, writerly fun.

PN:
Still wrestling that cover.  It doesn't like me.  I have a few awesome people adding their two cents to it as we search "the" cover.  I really do need to set a deadline, and get it done.  The inside is all pretty, just needing its final sweep.  It is this dang cover that is stopping me cold in my tracks.

In other news... I finished beta reading for my good friend Keary.  The book?  Vindicated, the final book of the Fall of Angel series.  I will not, can not, say much.  But watch out people!

Time to skidaddle.  Busy day ahead of me, and it isn't even 10 yet!

Any WIP updates from you?  Do share!

Happy Writing!

Comments

I can't believe nano is five days away. OH how the year flies by when you are writing and blogging.
David P. King said…
I just started twitter, so I know exactly what you're saying (mostly). Have fun with NaNo. I won't be able to make it this year, but that won't stop me from trying to write a 50K novel any other month of the year. :)
Dia said…
Oh NaNo, how crazy you make us writers! ;) For me, I'm STILL outlining (not that I am even going to stop even after it's done). I have 8 single-spaced pages of outline so far and I don't know how far I want to take it before diving in. It's taking me everything not to just start writing now...

Popular Posts