I decided that for my post today, I would share my 2012 Writing Resolutions. Pretty much meaning: My goals and dreams for the year 2012. And we all know that when you write something down and share it for the internet world to read, you kinda have to stick to it. So here I am, sharing away. *wink*
Let's get these goals rolling.
- Edit ITB. That's right. It is time. I wrote ITB in August, and it has just been sitting and simmering. My goal with ITB: Get it all edited and polished, dive into it so much I hate it. That's always a good sign. Then market it around and if I don't snag any snapping agents, prep it for publication by the end of the year. I am excited to get back to work on ITB. Let's hope that sticks!
- Write. I have two different book ideas that have been tugging at me for some time now. I would love to be able to work on at least one of them this year, while editing. We will see how that goal goes. And no, I am not sharing the synopsis for either of them, yet. *smiles*
- Promote PN. It has been out for a month now, and what a great month it has been. Still, I would love to see more people out there holding my book. (I love getting those photos!) So... I need to think of what to do to get that goal accomplished. Hmm... If you have any ideas, suggestions, or love, feel free to throw it my way!
- Plot for book two of PN. That's right. I was unsure if I would write a second book to it, but being as all the feedback that I have received so far has been begging for a sequel, it looks like my decision has been made for me. I have a title and some ideas already, but shhh... those are a secret.
- Participate in Camp NaNoWriMo. I love camping! Writing while "camping" is even better!
-Participate in NaNoWriMo 2012. This will be an epic year!
- Connect. I am a stay at home mom with a single car family. Clearly, I am a recluse. I am lucky enough to live in an area with an awesome NaNoWriMo writing community, and this year I want to take advantage of that. NaNo PDX people out there... yell at me more to come over.
- Learn. In 2011 I learned first hand about so many things: editing, the word "was," cover design, blogging. There is so much out there for me to still learn though. I want to make this a year of learning, growth, and discovery. This includes attending Wordstock once again, diving into more of the writing books I have stacked here at my desk, and really analyzing how I write.
- Read. Alot. As if I do not do that already... I have taken up the challenge to read 55 books this year. Amidst all my writing and editing, I will for sure be a busy lady!
- Stop doubting myself so much. I am a good writer. No, a great writer. Even if there are a million writers out there ten times better than I am, I love this art. And that is all that matters. I need to work on my self-confidence, and this year will be the year to do it. I just need to keep reminding myself, hourly, that: I am a great writer.
That seems to be the main goals I have for this year. I am sure there are more sub-resolutions, and more will surface throughout the year. Still, I have some place to start, and that is just what I am going to do.
2012, it is on!
What about you? Do you have some 2012 writing resolutions? Do share!