SOPA Blackout Day


Due to the planned Black Out for the protest against the SOPA and PIPA bills, my weekly WIP update will be postponed until tomorrow.

I will be honest: I don't follow the news a whole ton.  And I rarely know what is going on in politics.  Yes, I am one of those Americans.  *shrug*

But what I have read, heard and learned about SOPA has me worried.  I won't get into a huge rant about it here.  My blog is a not a place for political uproars, it is a place for writing.  But I will say that the possibility that images like the one above might appear on my hard-worked-upon (yes, I have made that a phrase) blog... That something worse than that image could happen... That more and more freedoms and rights might be taken from people... does have me worried.

I do see where this act is coming from.  I would hate to find that my book, which I literally slaved over, has been pirated.  I would be more than upset.  Regardless, seeing the potential of what these bills could result in is much more frustrating and scary than the thought that someone stole a free copy of my book.  (It's not expensive... don't steal it...)

For today, many sites across the internet (including Wikipedia, Wordpress, and Minecraft to name just a few) are blacking out.  They are showing us a tiny glimpse of a large possibility.

I swear... there has to be at least ten books out there about this...
We all love dystopians.  Just imagine.

For a great post from Muggle Born, sharing information on how these two Bills might affect us book bloggers,and a video to boot, click here.

Comments

Yeah - this whole thing scares me too...

Popular Posts