WIP Day - Plotting and Posters

First off, I must start my WIP day saying hello to all of my new followers.

Hello!
How are you?
Good?  Awesome!

If you don't know, I just took part in yet another blog hop and managed to snag a great bundle of new followers in the mix.  I love it!  I managed to break the 700 follower mark, and can't wait to see that number climb even more in the future.  (I dread March when GFC will diminish.  I try to just not think about it...)

On to my updates!

This week I didn't write as much as I had planned.  Instead, I plotted.  There are scenes I have to add in, things I have to change.  While I very much so want to just dive in and rewrite, I realized I should at least have a slight idea where those changes will be happening.  Plotting is a strange thing for me... I am a pantser.  So needless to say, I have been a fish out of water this last week.  

I will be traveling this weekend though, and plan to use that time to sit with my trusty netbook and plunk out words.  I know for a fact I will have a few hour long train ride to take advantage of.  Oo... Writing on a train. Now I feel all authentic.

I have been thinking of world building/character development lately.  And I want to pose a question: 
How much do you feel is needed at the beginning of the story before things get going?

I know this varies drastically for each genre, style, etc.  So I am just curious what you, dear blog follower, think.  I have read books that the beginning seems to drag forever, telling every inch of the back story.  And books that dive right in, hoping the reader gets it all by the end.  What do you think is best?

Oh yes, and back to that topic of traveling.  Due to that, my Friday and Monday post may end up being tardy or all out absent.  I will try to not let that happen... but if it does... Don't go to far.  I will for sure be back next Wednesday!

PN:
I love getting photos! And fan art! That's right... I gots me some fan art.  

Samantha was awesome enough to make me some mock movie posters (oh... what a thing to dream about...) using her dream casting for Millie and Reed.  While she chose to keep my thoughts on Millie (Emma Stone) she chose a new man to play Reed (Ben Barnes) and I must say... I like! Okay... I love!  

Wanna see her creations?  Well, here you go!


Aren't they just awesome?  *gazes at posters and dreams...*

Well, that is it for this WIP day.  How about you?

Happy Writing!


Comments

I love, love, love the movie posters! Have fun traveling and send me a message when you get back. I've had a crappy couple of weeks but I still want to do our Powells writers-date :)
Jenni Merritt said…
I keep opening the posters files just to look at them. I do like... alot. :D

And yes, POWELLS. I will let you know when I am back, and we will have that writing date!
Trisha said…
Those posters rock!! Love them!

As for my WIPs, umm let's just say they're moving along at a snail's pace. hahaha

Popular Posts