WIP Day - I Missed My Blog

It is no secret.
I have been horrible at blogging lately.

That comes with life.  Or, more accurately, having a busy life.  Life has been just that for me lately.  Busy.  I feel like I rarely have time to just do "my thing" anymore.  What with beta reading, photo editing, photo shoots, kids, birthdays, vacation planning...

Okay, all of that is my thing.

But with life happening, things such as my blog gets pushed to the way back burner.  Along with my writing.  Which isn't a good thing.  I don't know how I have managed to let it slip so much.  ITB is crying, nightly.

Right now I am working on beta reading Keary Taylor's newest novel.  Once that is done, ITB gets my love, adoration, and attacking attention.  I feel like a broken record.  I need to actually listen to myself and finally git er done.  I have so many other writing projects waiting on the horizon (oh, don't you only wish you knew...) but they will never see the light of day until this current WIP is torn apart.

Research question:  What is one aspect for a YA Paranormal you wish you saw more of?  I know love triangles conquer all lately... but is there something else you wish for?  Just curious...

Photography wise... I am doing a 30 Day Challenge this month.  And it is fun!  Makes me think about setting up a 30 Day Writing Prompt Challenge... hmm... *thoughts spin out of control*

Oh!  And my oldest turned 4 last week!  How crazy is that?  He is now learning how to write and read... and is loving it!  Here is a little conversation I had with him the other day:

Him: "Mom, what can I do with my imagination?"
Me: "Well, what do you want to do?  Draw?  Write a book?  Mommy wrote a book with her imagination."
Him: "A book!?  But I don't have a library!"
Me:  "I have lots of books in my room.  It's like a library."
Him: "Okay!  I'm going to your library to write my book!  I will be back in just a minute!"

Then he ran off, looked at my books for some time... then came back and announced writing his book was hard and would take longer than he thought.  I love this little four-year-old of mine!

My little family at my son's birthday party.  Wee!!


How was your week?  Any new progress in your WIP world?  Do share!

Happy Writing!



Comments

I'm totally behind your 30 day writing prompt - want to collaborate?

Oh ... and I'm reading Branded :D I'm only 3 pages in, but that counts right? I also go my blog giveaway up today :) go look! *hugs*

Popular Posts