Donation Day

As you know, NaNoWriMo is a non-profit organization.  Their sole purpose and goal is to keep our novels coming.  Which means they need our help.

While NaNoWriMo and OLL (Office of Letters and Light) do make some money off product sales, they need donations to keep them going.  Each year during November, I sign up to be a sponsor and try to raise money for this cause.  And here is where I ask: Will you help?

Just $10 can go a long, long way.

Here is why I appreciate NaNoWriMo:
It finally gave me the kick to write my novel.  For years I was a "someday" writer.  Someday I was going to write a book.  But it was never that day.  Then NaNoWriMo came along.  It is a program full of encouragement, humor, passion and amazing fellow writers.  It helped me realize that that some day was today.  And with it, I wrote.

Since I started, I haven't been able to stop.
In three years, I have written three books and am in the process of writing my fourth.  I have published one.  I have gained confidence.  Knowledge.  Friends and fans.  I can honestly say I have no idea where I would be without NaNoWriMo.  Most likely stuck somewhere back in "someday" land.  And I have to say: I like it better where I am.

Please, take a moment and think about about donating.  I am not asking for a lot.  Just $10 can do a world of difference.  Help keep NaNoWriMo around for years to come by showing your support today.  Every donation is tax-deductable, and full of pure awesome.

Today is Donation Day.  All day NaNoWriMo will be giving out prizes and special shout-outs as we race to raise the goal.  We need your help.

Not to mention:  If I reach my goal, I just might be planning a special giveaway of my own.


THANK YOU!


Comments

Popular Posts