NaNoWriMo 2012: WINNER!

Last night, after hours of sitting, some minor head banging, and a few ice cold Mt. Dews, I did it again.  That's right.  I crossed the NaNoWriMo finish line.  *commence cheering*
Lady Justice is now "done," sitting at 50,149 words.
I am a NaNoWriMo champ!

This month was touch and go.  What with my photography backlog, raising my two kiddos (I am a stay-at-home-mommy), and trying here and there to maintain some semblance of a social life (most of times that ended up being an epic fail as well)... I admit: I was worried about whether I would win this year.  There were days where I would not write at all.  And I hated that.

Thanks to my friends and family who wouldn't let me live it down.  To my amazing region (Portland rocks!)  To our Skype sprinting group and my own bull-headed competitiveness... I did it.  I won.  I am done.

There is still much work to be done.  I have scenes listed out to edit in.  Other scenes to expand on.  Editing, editing, editing.  But I can happily say, all typos and plot holes aside, the first draft of Lady Justice is finished.

I have more blogposts planned for the coming days, all about the NaNoWriMo 2012 adventure.  But for now, I am going to go enjoy a good book, eat some onion rings, and let these tired fingers rest.

If you have won NaNoWriMo: GO YOU!
If you are still working your way to 50k: YOU CAN DO IT!
And if you didn't do NaNoWriMo this year:  What is stopping you?


HAPPY WRITING!


Comments

Popular Posts