NaNoWriMo: It Has Begun!


That's write right!
It is November.  Meaning one thing (aside from gorgeous rainy days, turkey dinners, and lots of cider)... It is now officially NaNoWriMo!

I know I have been absolutely horrible lately at updating my blog.  The main reason is that I have been scrambling to hack away at my photo backlog before NaNo hits.  I still have quite a backlog to go, but enough is done that I am ready to punch out some word count!

And boy am I excited!

How did I prep?
Well, for one, I went to the Portland Kick-Off Party!  As always it was a blast.  And it was packed.  I believe over 130 people showed up, filling the room we had booked.  I love the Portland NaNos!  I feel pretty special that I get to be a part of this region.  The energy and love for writing literally throbs with this group of people, and I ended up leaving the party not only pumped for NaNoWriMo, but also spinning two new book ideas my mind came up with.

I have created a sponser page again.  If you are not familiar with that:  NaNoWriMo is a non-profit organization.  Meaning they need out help to stick around.  Each year I try to raise some money, that in turn will be donated to OLL and will help keep those much needed lights on!  Even $10 goes a long way.  Please think about donating!  (HERE)

As for novel prep... it has been interesting.  As in, I have ideas here and there.  Sparks.  Some pivotal moments.  Great new characters.  But no solid, outlined plan on how LJ will turn out.  I have to admit I am a little nervous.  But more excited than anything.  I am a pantser.  And this will be epic.

I have created a Pinterest board for LJ.  As I find things that spark some inspiration, I will add them there.  I have also been searching for suitable music as the soundtrack for this book.  While I have yet to find a great "theme" song for it, I did find the LJ Beatles song.  As you know from PN, there is a certain Beatles song that plays through out it.  I felt I just had to carry on the tradition.

So here you go.

Are you excited?
I am!
I am super, crazy excited!
And now, off I go to get my first 1,667.  Wish me luck!

Are you writing this month?  Keep me updated on how you do!  YOU CAN DO IT!

Happy Writing!


Comments

Popular Posts