WIP Day - Diving In

I just have to start this post with:
It feels SO good to be able to write a WIP Update post again!

All of December was a break month for me.  I had finished the first rough draft of LJ.  I was almost caught up on my photography backlog.  And my mind had earned a rest.  So I closed Word and promised myself I would not even peek at LJ for the entire month.

And I can honestly say I did not peek.
(It think it helps that December also sported our car being totalled, holiday chaos, plus numerous other events that kept me nicely insane.)

Then came the new year, and with that the next stage of this bookish process.  Editing.
Yes, the dreaded editing.

Last week I opened the doc back up, grabbed some snackage and Mt. Dew, and started stage one of editing.  The initial read through.  I was more than dreading it.  I was expecting that I would open the document, start reading, find the complete nonsensical gibberish I had spewed out, and officially declare a complete bust.

Luckily, it hasn't been so.
I am now halfway down with the read through.  And I can honestly say: I am feeling it!  There are most definitely many spots that need attention, love, filling and fixing.  But then I find that gem that makes me sit back and think: "This is not crap" and I feel that surge once again of "I can do this!"

And doing this I am!
Are you excited?


Related but unrelated:
I just had to share this.  My friend Melissa, along with Kaeli and her awesome jewelry line (Love, Kaeli Cheyenne) totally conspired against me.  But in an awesome way.  As a (very) belated birthday present, this week I found a post on my Facebook wall showing off this gorgeous earring and necklace set.  Does it look familiar?  It should!  I have to admit I got maybe a smidge too giddy when I saw it.  I cannot wait to actually have this jewelry in hand so I can sport it around for all to see.  Thank you, ladies!


And one more thing:
I am prepping for a giveaway.  Once I have everything I need for it, I will let you all know.  If you follow me on my Facebook page, you might have a slight idea of what that something is.  Keep your eyes out!


How has your new year been so far?  Write much?  Do share!

Happy Writing!


Comments

Popular Posts