WIP Day - Can you say NaNoWriMo?

I can't seem to stop yawning today.
Wait....

..
...
...

YAWN.
And, cue watering eyes.
There they are. *wipes yawn tears*

I think I might be tired.
Yet the WIP Day must go on!

Prep for NaNoWriMo has officially begun.  I have updated my profile.  Punched out a very short, very rough synopsis for my book.  Struggled with names and let the world create.  This is exciting.  Really, really exciting.  I have to say: NaNoWriMo just may be better than Christmas.

What's my novel you ask?
This year I am writing a paranormal fantasy.  Yes, most likely YA.  It is actually a story I got the idea for years ago, jotted down some scenes... then set it aside and turned it into a "one day" novel.  Well, this is its year.  I am stoked.

For those curious, here is the rough title, even more rough synopsis, and working cover (everything is oh-so subject to change) for this November's awesomeness.


Redone Shadows
After the death of MC's father, she falls through a hole, landing in a strange world of darkness. It is the world of the Shadows, beings banished from the world of the living long ago. MC now finds herself stuck in the battle as the Shadows plan their revolt on the world of the living, and the light.





You might have noticed that the MC's name is... well... MC.  That is because I am still deciding on her identity.  Want to give me input? Go read my post about it!  Click here.

I am excited!  Are you excited?  Will you be writing this coming November??

In other news...

PN:  This last Saturday I did the shoot for my book cover.  A great family friend posed as my Millie, and we got some awesome shots to choose from.  Now, I just have to decide!  Sifting, sifting.  I have also began the 2nd to last edit round on PN.  That's right, I am editing... again.  Is it just me, or does it feel like we writers edit more than write?

Release date for PN will be decided soon...

Wordstock: That's right, I went.  And it was awesome.  Totally awesome.  Want to know more?  A post is in the works!  I do have to say that it is partly because of Wordstock and its crazy greatness that I failed to post on Monday.  Just so tired!

I think that is enough for this WIP day.  How goes yours?

Happy Writing!

Comments

Jenny S. Morris said…
Totally sad I missed Wordstock, although I'm sure everyone there is glad, they do not have what has invaded my house.

Glad the photo shoot went well. Everything sounds interesting! And good luck on NaNoWrMo!

I have pounded out more on my WIP, in the last 4 days, than I can remember doing in a LONG time. I should get sick more often. LOL.
Trisha said…
First off, I updated my profile too! http://nanowrimo.org/en/participants/yoghurtelf
I will add you anyway ;)
Secondly, I left an award for you on my blog!
http://thefarseas.blogspot.com/2011/10/awards-nablowrimo-daywhats-it.html

Popular Posts