WIP Day - Do You Hear the Muses Sing?

If you follow me on my Facebook page, you already have an idea of what I am about to talk about.  If not... Why aren't you following me?

You can pretty much tell when I am in editing mode.  My apartment is almost always clean, the laundry is always caught up, yummy food is always cooking.  And I am always on sites like Tumblr, Pinterest, and StumbleUpon.  I am a pro procrastinator, remember?

Well, the other day (when I was supposed to be editing), I found myself on Tumblr.  Oh Tumblr.  One of the beautiful banes of my existence.  I was scrolling through my feed, when a certain post caught my eyes.

Raise your hand if you have seen Les Miserables.
(I think most everyone has by now...)

I will be honest: Not the biggest fan of the show.  Don't get me wrong.  The music is gorgeous.  It is a classic.  I grew up in the theatre and hold tremendous respect for the classics.  Still, I can honestly tell you that Les Mis is far from ever becoming one of my favorites.  It holds a special place in my heart due to the fact that the first solo I ever sang in Middle School choir was "Castle on a Cloud" (which then became my staple solo all three years of middle school.  I wonder if there is a recording of twelve year old me out there somewhere...)  Halfway through the movie though... and I was ready to call it done.

Back to my original topic.
The set I saw posted on Tumblr was from the song "Do You Hear The People Sing?"  Love that song.  I do.  And the scene was great too, young men and women riding atop a horse drawn hearse.  Epic.  This gif set had the words written on it, and I sat there happily singing along.

Want to see the set?  Then click away.

About halfway through singing, something awesome happened.  That little muse of mine sang loud and clear.
I finished the singing, then sat back and forced myself to blink.  I think my eyes literally popped out of my head.  It is always amazing when the muse strikes, and I was far from expecting it at that moment.  Remember: I was busy procrastinating.

With that simple set of that amazing song, a scene popped into my head for LJ.  There has been that nagging feeling that something has been missing from my book and I have been struggling to put my thumb on it.  Then wham, there it was.  I heard those people sing, and before I knew it I was creating.

My hubby came home to find me sitting at my desk, staring at my wall where the note cards holding all the scenes of my book are tacked up.  He must have understood the look on my face, because he didn't call the nut house.  How sweet of him.

What does all this rambling mean?
It means I have another 1-3 chapters plotted to add to the book.  Chapters I am super excited about, and cannot wait to pluck out once I get to that stage of this round.  Hello fire under my butt, you burn again.


- On a total side-note:
My pair of glasses from Firmoo finally arrived!  I received a free pair, with the promise to post a fair and honest review of what I think of these spectacles.  That review should be up in a week or two, once I really try these bad boys out.  But, since I am in a good mood (and because I for once am not caring how ridiculous I might look), here is a quick shot of me, courtesy of my phone.
Rocking the geek!





Oh yeah, and have you noticed?  I changed up the look of the blog.  What do you think?

Happy Writing!



Comments

Popular Posts